FRANCE: Danone and Coke yet to seal new JV terms
The French water group Danone has not yet reached an agreement with Coca-Cola over new terms for its US bottled water joint venture with the soft drinks giant.
Saying that the Coke joint venture was quite separate from DS Waters, LLP, its home and office delivery bottled water activities (HOD) joint venture with Suntory, a spokesman said: "'There is no news yet on the Coca Cola deal."
Yesterday, Danone said it is to incur a charge of approximately €450m in its 2004 consolidated accounts in relation to its holding in DS Waters, LLP. Slower volume growth patterns for the HOD industry, an increasingly aggressive pricing environment on HOD formats and faster than expected erosion of cooler rental revenues led to the impairment decision, Danone said.
In November, the company said that it planned to renegotiate its two joint water ventures with Coca-Cola and Suntory.
Suntory has announced plans to add to its third beer portfolio....
Allied Domecq and Suntory have launched a green tea liqueur called Zen in the US, following test-marketing in New York, Hawaii and California. The product will begin rolling out nationwide next week....
Groupe Danone is pulling out of the brewing industry....
Danone has completed another share buyback transaction....
Danone and Yakult have announced a joint venture to sell probiotic products in India. The move marks the first entrance by either company into the Indian market, in which they are aiming to become lea...
Danone has announced plans for a joint venture in India with Japan's Yakult Honsha Co. ...
France's Groupe Danone said on Friday that it had finally reached an agreement with The Coca-Cola Company to amend their existing deal regarding the distribution of retail bottled water products in No...
French food giant Danone is willing to buy the 44% it doesn't already own in its Spanish subsidiary for €1.8bn, Spanish newspaper Cinco Dias has reported....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Molson Coors' Rekorderlig Cider Cocktails - NPD
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends