FRANCE: Danone acquires Mexican water stake
The French food and beverage giant Danone has acquired a minority stake in the Mexican Home and Office (HOD) water delivery company Arco.
A sale price was not disclosed.
With sales totalling some 350m litres in 2003, Arco Iris is co-leader in HOD in Guadalajara (Mexico's second largest city), and occupies a strong position in Puebla (the country's fourth largest city).
"This acquisition is part of Groupe Danone's development strategy in the Mexican HOD market, the world's leading market in volumes," the company said in a statement.
The deal follows a number of local agreements signed in 2003 (including the acquisition of a 50% stake in UltraPura in Tijuana, and of 100% of AquaPura in Monterrey).
Danone already has a well-established national presence in the Mexican HOD market with the Pureza Aga brand, and is the leader in the bottled water market with the Bonafont brand. The company hopes the Arco Iris and AquaPura transactions will enable the group to speed up development of the Bonafont brand in the HOD sector.
Coca-Cola announced last week that it was taking over full control of its US water joint venture, CCDA Waters, buying out its partner, Danone. However, speculation over the poor performance of the CCD...
PepsiCo has denied press reports that it is looking to acquire Groupe Danone....
In a tough market for the home and office delivery segment of the US water market, Danone may have to cut the value of its subsidiary DS Waters, the UK's Financial Times reported today....
Groupe Danone is pulling out of the brewing industry....
Danone has completed another share buyback transaction....
Danone and Yakult have announced a joint venture to sell probiotic products in India. The move marks the first entrance by either company into the Indian market, in which they are aiming to become lea...
Danone has announced plans for a joint venture in India with Japan's Yakult Honsha Co. ...
France's Groupe Danone said on Friday that it had finally reached an agreement with The Coca-Cola Company to amend their existing deal regarding the distribution of retail bottled water products in No...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages