FRANCE: Danone acquires French HOD business
French drinks giant Groupe Danone has agreed to acquire Chateaud'eau International, the holding company controlling all the water jugs (HOD or "home and office delivery) businesses of the Suez Group. The deal has been made with Ondeo, a subsidiary of the Suez Group. Chateaud'eau is the French leader in HOD with a 28% market share. The company is a major player on the fast growing European HOD market with strong positions in Italy (number two), Spain (number three) and the UK.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Diageo reaches deal in Stitzel legal row
- Sazerac poaches ex-Diageo government director