FRANCE: Danone acquires French HOD business
French drinks giant Groupe Danone has agreed to acquire Chateaud'eau International, the holding company controlling all the water jugs (HOD or "home and office delivery) businesses of the Suez Group. The deal has been made with Ondeo, a subsidiary of the Suez Group.
Chateaud'eau is the French leader in HOD with a 28% market share. The company is a major player on the fast growing European HOD market with strong positions in Italy (number two), Spain (number three) and the UK.
With an average annual volume growth rate of 40% per annum since 1995, the European HOD market is one of the most buoyant worldwide. The total number of coolers (in excess of 1 million units in 2001) is expected to double by 2004 and treble by 2007.
Chateaud'eau, with a turnover of approximately €50m, supplies 62,000 customers and operates nearly 150,000 coolers.
This is the first acquisition by Danone in the European HOD market. The coompany is already the world leader in the sector, thanks to its leading positions in the Americas (Canada, United States, Mexico, Argentina), and in Asia (#1 in Indonesia and China).
Companies: Groupe Danone
Coca-Cola announced last week that it was taking over full control of its US water joint venture, CCDA Waters, buying out its partner, Danone. However, speculation over the poor performance of the CCD...
PepsiCo has denied press reports that it is looking to acquire Groupe Danone....
In a tough market for the home and office delivery segment of the US water market, Danone may have to cut the value of its subsidiary DS Waters, the UK's Financial Times reported today....
Groupe Danone is pulling out of the brewing industry....
Danone has completed another share buyback transaction....
Danone and Yakult have announced a joint venture to sell probiotic products in India. The move marks the first entrance by either company into the Indian market, in which they are aiming to become lea...
Danone has announced plans for a joint venture in India with Japan's Yakult Honsha Co. ...
France's Groupe Danone said on Friday that it had finally reached an agreement with The Coca-Cola Company to amend their existing deal regarding the distribution of retail bottled water products in No...
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends