SPAIN: Damm targets export rises - report
Grupo Damm is targeting a strong rise in export sales going forward, according to local reports.
The Spanish News Digest said yesterday (28 May) that the brewer expects exports to account for 10% of total sales by 2010, a marked improvement on the current 1%.
Damm has recently secured export deals in Switzerland - with Feldschlösschen Getränke - Norway - with Norwegian Interbev - and France - with French Brasserie Millers, the news service noted.
Earlier this year, Damm secured a UK distribution deal with Anheuser-Busch. The US brewing giant will import and sell Damm beers in the UK. This month, United States Beverage also teamed up with Estrella, adding the brewer's line of beer to its imported portfolio in the US.
Scottish & Newcastle faces a tough battle to defend itself from the joint takeover launched by Carlsberg and Heineken. But today's announcement of a legal challenge to Carlsberg over alleged breac...
The likelihood of a union between InBev and Anheuser-Busch has become a stronger possibility, following SABMiller's acquisition of Grolsch, according to a drinks analyst....
Grupo Modelo has extended its distribution agreement with Molson Coors Brewing in Canada....
Grolsch has hailed today's (19 November) move by SABMiller to acquire the Dutch brewer as "ideal"....
Anheuser-Busch has launched two seasonal beers under its Michelob brand....
Tsingtao Brewery Co. has prepared a bond issue to fund future expansion....
In a statement to the Hong Kong stock exchange, the Chinese brewer Tsingtao Brewery has said that trading in its H shares have been suspended today (9 November)....
Global brewers have stayed silent over their interest in the possible acquisition of Serbian brewery Pivara MB....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015