SPAIN: Damm posts record annual profits - report
Spanish brewer Grupo Damm has reportedly posted record profits for 2006.
The brewer, based in Barcelona, saw net profit leap 30% to EUR74.3m (US$97.2m) last year, according to local reports.
In a statement to the CNMV, the Spanish stock market regulator, on Friday (2 March), Damm also posted a 9% rise in revenues to EUR682.3m.
Last week, Damm secured a UK distribution deal with Anheuser-Busch. The US brewing giant will import and sell Damm beers in the UK.
Beer appears to be the alcoholic drink of choice in the developing BRIC markets, according to a series of recent reports....
Anheuser-Busch lobbied the federal government on US trade legislation to the tune of US$1.6m in the first six months of this year, according to public records....
Tsingtao Brewery has posted a healthy climb in profits for the first half of this year....
Anheuser-Busch has taken on the distribution and marketing of BORBA's drinkable skincare line across the US and around the world....
The chief legal officers from 29 states have united to condemn alcoholic energy drinks....
Anheuser-Busch has quashed rumours that it has plans to build a second brewery in India....
China's leading beer producer Tsingtao Brewery is planning to increase its production capacity by 1m tons by the end of 2007, according to local reports....
The drinks industry has come under attack in the US for supposedly using energy drinks to mask the effect of alcohol....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research