SPAIN: Damm opens Barcelona port logistics centre
Damm said the centre will strengthen operations
Spanish brewer Damm has inaugurated a EUR75m (US$97.2m) logistics centre at its largest Spanish brewery.
The centre will streamline operations at the 500m litres annual capacity El Prat de Llobregat plant, Damm said on Friday (5 October). The company can now shift up to 38,000 pallets a day at the Barcelona port brewery, the company said.
At the opening of the centre, Damm president Ramon Agenjo said the new facility will strengthening the company's national activity and international growth strategy.
Work on the centre started in 2006, with the final phase completed in June this year.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends