SPAIN: Damm first half profit leaps by a quarter
Damm has reported a healthy rise in net profit for the first half of this year.
The Spanish brewer said today (25 August) that net profit in the six-month period leapt by 25% to EUR18.8m (US$23.99m). Revenues also rose in the period, by 16% year-on-year to EUR326m.
Damm credited the increases to the hot weather during the period, adding that cost cutting efforts had helped boost the bottom line.
Separately, Damm said it has taken out a EUR150m syndicated loan to finance an undisclosed investment programme to expand and streamline its production facilities in Barcelona. The company said it invested EUR40m in the first six months of this year, with the funds going to improve and consolidate its logistic operations at Barcelona's so-called Zona Franca industrial strip and to expand warehousing there.
The company also used the funds to expand the operating surface of its Prat de Llobregat factory and raise production rates to an undisclosed level.
Damm could not immediately be reached for comment.
Looking forward, the company said business costs could rise in coming months due to high oil prices, which would hit packaging and transport prices.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Brown-Forman's Q1 performance by region, brand
- Why Vietnam is the next beer battleground
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- ASA bans Diageo's Captain Morgan UK ad
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Staying in the Mix: The Global Concentrates Market in 2016