US: CytoSport adds PepsiAmericas to US Muscle Milk distribution
CytoSport has added another PepsiCo company to its distribution footprint for its Muscle Milk protein beverage brand in the US.
The company, which confirmed last month that Pepsi Bottling Group will distribute the RTD line of Muscle Milk and Muscle Milk Light in its territories in the US and Canada from January, said yesterday (2 December) that PepsiAmericas will also handle the brands in its US territories.
The agreement is effective immediately, the company said, with PepsiAmericas set to begin distribution in February. Financial terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
"Muscle Milk further strengthens our product portfolio, providing PepsiAmericas with a strong entry into this fast-growing functional beverage segment," said Michael Durkin, executive vice president of US sales and marketing for PepsiAmericas. "Adding it to our product offering is a win for our customers and their consumers."
CytoSport's president Greg Pickett, added: "With broader distribution we can reach out to even more consumers. Muscle Milk is the leader in the protein-enhanced beverage category and this partnership will help maintain the position and have a significant impact within the category."
PepsiAmericas is the world's second-largest manufacturer, seller and distributor of PepsiCo beverages.
Shares in Britvic lost their fizz this week after UK private equity group Permira sold its 14% stake in the soft drinks maker....
According to a new report from the British Soft Drinks Association, functional beverages are continuing to outperform all other soft drinks categories. Annette Farr reviews the latest innovations in a...
Shareholders of The Pepsi Bottling Group have voted against a proposal to amend the company's directors' stock plan....
Heineken has declined to comment on reports out of India that its joint-venture in the country has pulled out of an alliance with PepsiCo bottler CK Jaipuria....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
The latest in the PepsiCo v bottlers saga took another twist this week as PepsiAmericas announced it is to enter into a joint venture with Central America Beverage Corporation (Cabcorp)....
Britvic's share price has leapt to its highest point for almost a year after the group announced a sales rise for its fiscal first-half....
Restructuring charges in Ireland have seen Britvic report flat net profits for its fiscal first-half, but the group reported an improving soft drinks market in the UK....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How soft drinks can exploit alcohol's loss
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo job cut figures "likely overstated"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends