CHILE/UK: CyT to launch Casillero blend
Chilean wine group Concha y Toro will next month launch an addition to its Casillero del Diablo range in the UK.
The wine, Casillero del Diablo Reserva Privada, is a "departure" from the core range of single variety wines, the company said.
Reserva Privada is a blend of 65% Cabernet Sauvignon and 35% Syrah and will retail in the UK at GBP8.99.
Concha y Toro UK managing director Cristian Lopez said the Chilean category is starting to show "real potential" at higher price points.
"After the US, the UK is the country showing fastest growth in the GBP7-8 price bracket," Lopez said.
"To really push the Chilean category, we must ensure that consumers are engaged from entry level all the way up. Reserva Privada provides that step up with all the confidence that Casillero del Diablo brings."
Wine exports from Chile stood at US$1.066bn during the 12 months from April last year, according to recent reports....
Central European Distribution Corporation has lined up a distribution agreement in Poland....
Vina Concha y Toro has seen its Q1 figures soar on the back of strong exports....
Concha y Toro has secured a deal to rent the facilities of Vina Canepa in Chile....
Central European Distribution Corporation has set out its stall for 2007....
Concha y Toro has posted details of its dividend payment....
Central European Distribution Corporation has reported soaring full-year profits for 2006 thanks to first-time contributions from acquisitions in Poland and Hungary....
Concha y Toro has played down a slip in full-year operating profit for 2006 and argued it is set fair for 2007....
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Bacardi sees North America president step down