US: Cuervo launches flavoured Tequilas
Jose Cuervo International is taking a leaf out of the vodka sector's book with the launch of a line flavoured tequilas.
The new variants - Citrico, Oranjo and Tropina - are bottled in Mexico. Each is a blend of premium silver-styled tequila with natural fruit flavours. Cuervo Citrico is made with natural flavours of lime and other citrus fruits; Cuervo Oranjo contains natural flavours of orange and other citrus fruits; and Cuervo Tropina is a blend of pineapple and other tropical fruit flavours.
"Cuervo Flavoured Tequilas allow consumers to expand their tequila experiences and enjoy Cuervo in more versatile ways," said Carlos Arana, managing director of Jose Cuervo International. "Tequila is no longer limited to shots and margaritas. Cuervo Flavoured Tequilas are the perfect solution for those looking to add a new twist to their favourite drink."
Cuervo says the new variants can be drunk in shots, sipped on the rocks or mixed in a cocktail. The flavoured line extensions are available in grocery, liquor, club and drug stores across the US, with a 75cl bottle retailing for between US$16.99 and US$18.99.
Mexican distiller Tequila Herradura is reportedly seeking a buyer, news that is likely to interest a number of global distillers....
German spirits group Borco has struck a distribution deal in India for its Sierra Tequila brand....
The US and Mexico have struck an agreement on Tequila allowing US distributors to import the spirit in bulk and bottle it north of the border....
Blavod Extreme Spirits is in talks to expand distribution of El Diamante del Cielo Tequila in the US....
Hayman Distillers has unveiled the first phase of its relaunch for the Scorpion Tequila brand with new packaging for the Gold and Silver variants in the range. ...
The Blavod Extreme Spirits joint venture Diamante Spirits is to produce and market a new Tequila, El Diamante del Cielo (Diamond in the Sky). The new product will have a retail value between US$45-60 ...
Jim Beam Brands Worldwide has announced the appointment of Ian Gourlay to head up its international operations and supply chain functions....
Drinks Americas Holdings has agreed to form a marketing and distribution joint venture with Sackets Harbor Brewing Company, the New York speciality brewer....
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US
- Carbonates in India