AUSTRALIA: CSFB raises Coke Amatil rating
The investment bank Credit Suisse First Boston has raised its rating on shares in Coca-Cola Amatil to "Outperform" from "Neutral".
Despite disappointing first quarter volumes from the Australian soft drinks player, the bank's analysts said they believed CCA was well positioned to deliver strong second-half 2005 growth in Australia and New Zealand. CSFB added that Amatil could flag the sale of its South Korean business by the end of the year.
"We believe CCL will now outperform the market from here. The share price correction was an over-reaction in our view," CSFB said.
CSFB pointed to new product launches, extra selling days and price increases which CCA outlined in its trading statement yesterday as factors that would boost the performance in the second half.
Coca-Cola Amatil produced decent first-half results but speculation that it may sell some of its international operations and its determination to look beyond the core soft drinks sectors for growth i...
Goldman Sachs JBWere has cut its 2005 and 2006 earnings per share forecasts for Coca-Cola Amatil....
Coca-Cola Amatil said yesterday (10 August) that it has agreed to purchase the business and assets of the Grinders Coffee Group (Grinders)....
Following a review of its operations, Coca-Cola Amatil has announced its intention to restructure its Asian business activities through the creation of an Asian Beverage Division (CCA Asia)....
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has seen its net profits increase 16.8% to A$145.2m in its first half, driven in part by growth of non-carbs and innovation, the company said today (10 August)....
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) is poised to shake up its Indonesian and South Korean bottling operations, according to an investment bank....
Coca-Cola Amatil is to issue a five-year A$250m (US$192m) domestic debt issue....
SPC Ardmona has signed an agreement with parent company Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) to supply it with apple juice....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015