UPDATE: Crushpad enters Bordeaux with Saint-Emilion deal
Crushpad has signed an agreement with Château Teyssier in Saint-Emilion, Bordeaux for the 2009 harvest.
The California-based company, which offers clients the chance to make their own wines, has also secured grape supplies for the 2009 vintage - Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Cabernet Franc varietals - from two of Château Teyssier's vineyards and also from five other estates in the Bordeaux region.
Customers signing up for Crushpad Bordeaux, either individually or as a group, must buy a minimum of one barrel of wine, the equivalent of 300 bottles. Prices are calculated on the basis of the vineyards chosen and range from EUR22.50 to EUR45 per bottle, with assembly from Margaux or Saint-Emilion being more expensive than a Haut-Médoc or Côte de Castillon.
The deal marks the first year that Crushpad has had operations in Bordeaux. It already operates in San Francisco and Napa Valley.
Stephen Bolger, European representative for Crushpad, told just-drinks that the company has set itself the target of selling the equivalent of 40 barrels of Bordeaux wine from the 2009 crop. "With the harvest about to get underway we are not far off reaching it," he said.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report