UK: Crush Wines boosts Italian stable
UK wine agent Crush Wines has won the distribution rights for the portfolio of Italian winery Cardeto Orvieto.
Wines from the Umbria-based winery had been handled by Western Wines, which was absorbed into Constellation Brands following the US drinks giant's acquisition of Vincor International earlier this year.
Crush Wines already handles wines from Italian wine producer Picco d'Umbria. Chris Ellis, MD of Crush Wines, called the Cardeto Orvieto agreement a "significant development" for both companies.
"Cardeto felt they wanted a fresh approach to the market place and the move will see Crush Wines developing their strategy to offer a full service to the UK market," Ellis said today (5 September). "This move also brings together a new, energetic team of highly experienced and committed individuals."
Cardeto winemaker Maurilio Chioccia added: "With our state-of-the-art technology to ensure freshness and flavours are retained throughout the fermentation process and beyond, we have evolved to produce good examples of what modern Orvieto can achieve."
While the drier Orvieto Classico style is Cardeto's signature wine, the range also includes an Orvieto Classico Superiore Vendemmia Tardiva, a single-varietal Chardonnay and rosé.
The vodka sector's capacity for growth, particularly in the US, appears unbounded, and the big spirits players are all keen to gain full advantage. Major companies have recently swooped for the Svedka...
Hardy Wine Company, the Australian arm of Constellation Brands, has sold its Kamberra winery in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT)....
Constellation Brands has warned of "challenges" ahead in fiscal 2008 due to fierce price competition in the UK wine market, the wine glut in Australia and the decision to cut its wine inventories in t...
Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo has reported a 6% rise in fourth-quarter profits thanks to rising sales at home and abroad....
An advertising push for Chinese beer brand Tsingtao has begun in the US....
US beer distributor Crown Imports has lined up a fresh print advertising campaign for German beer brand St. Pauli Girl....
The departure of John Grant to Hardy Wine Company earlier this month has coincided with three other senior departures at California's Jackson Family Wines. CFO John Bridendall, chief accounting office...
Baron Philippe de Rothschild has unveiled a website for its flagship Mouton Cadet brand....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research