ITALY: Crush to launch Italian wines at Vinitaly
UK wine company Crush Wines Limited is set to launch its Italian range of wines at the Picco d'Umbria stand at Vinitaly 2006.
Crush Wines is acting as the UK arm for Picco d'Umbria, a modern wine producer which has a 100,000 hl capacity and bottles wines from all over Italy. Under the supervision of English winemaker Tim Manning, Picco d'Umbria specialises in both private label and exclusive brands.
"Our new role, as the UK office for Picco d'Umbria, brings a renewed energy and drive to offer novel, quality wines while retaining that all-important regional character," said Crush Wines managing director Chris Ellis.
"We believe, through our extensive portfolio, we can also introduce Italy's regional diversity in a bold, fresh and easier format which will appeal to the consumer."
Exhibitors at this year’s Vinitaly wine and spirits trade show declared it a success, with the increase in international visitor numbers being viewed as a positive portent for Italian wine exports. Mi...
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman