ITALY: Crush to launch Italian wines at Vinitaly
UK wine company Crush Wines Limited is set to launch its Italian range of wines at the Picco d'Umbria stand at Vinitaly 2006.
Crush Wines is acting as the UK arm for Picco d'Umbria, a modern wine producer which has a 100,000 hl capacity and bottles wines from all over Italy. Under the supervision of English winemaker Tim Manning, Picco d'Umbria specialises in both private label and exclusive brands.
"Our new role, as the UK office for Picco d'Umbria, brings a renewed energy and drive to offer novel, quality wines while retaining that all-important regional character," said Crush Wines managing director Chris Ellis.
"We believe, through our extensive portfolio, we can also introduce Italy's regional diversity in a bold, fresh and easier format which will appeal to the consumer."
Exhibitors at this year’s Vinitaly wine and spirits trade show declared it a success, with the increase in international visitor numbers being viewed as a positive portent for Italian wine exports. Mi...
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US
- Carbonates in India