US: Crown Royal unveils blend with a flavour of Cognac
Made from a blend of more than 50 different and individually aged whiskies, once blended Crown Royal Cask No. 16 completes its ageing in authentic French oak casks from the Limousin forest in France.
The new whisky comes in a faceted 750ml decanter-style bottle, which is wrapped in a black velvet bag with gold stitching, and packaged in a black and gold gift tube. It will be available from the beginning of October in liquor outlets nationwide with a suggested retail price of US$100.00.
"From its royal beginnings, Crown Royal has created a rich history of providing quality products and unique experiences to our consumers and Cask No. 16 is a massive step in that continuing journey," said vice president Ami-Lynn Bakshi.
The steep rise in alcohol duties announced in yesterday's Budget, which the Government says will help to tackle binge drinking, follows the publication of its review of the 2005 Licensing Act last wee...
Recent deals by both Diageo and Edrington underline the growth potential major spirits companies see in the premium rum market. Jessica Harvey examines the latest moves in the context of a growing and...
Harviestoun Brewery has lined up the launch of its line of beers aged in Scotch whisky casks for the UK....
Inver House Distillers has announced plans to launch a limited edition bottling of its 40-year-old Hankey Bannister blended Scotch whisky timed to coincide with its 250th anniversary....
William Grant & Sons has lined up a sizeable investment for a packaging revamp of its flagship Grant's Scotch whisky brand....
Pernod Ricard Asia Duty Free has launched a promotion in airports within the Asia Pacific region for the group's Ballantine's Scotch whisky brand....
As part of its strategy of premiumisation, Appleton Estate Jamaica Rum has announced plans to launch a rare 30 year old rum in the second quarter of this year....
Chivas Brothers has unveiled plans to increase its operations facilities in Scotland by expanding The Glenlivet Distillery and re-opening the Braeval Distillery....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- Pernod Ricard appoints Absolut Vodka VP
- Beam Suntory to re-package Courvoisier Cognac
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research