US: Crown Royal launches responsible drinking ad
Diageo is to launch a social responsibility national television commercial in the US around its Crown Royal brand's inaugural sponsorship of reigning Nextel Cup champion Kurt Busch and Roush Racing's No. 97 race team.
It is the first NASCAR-themed spirits television ad since NASCAR announced it was allowing spirits companies to sponsor race teams.
Titled "Pace Car," the execution features the No. 97 Ford Taurus leading a fleet of automobiles in pace car formation through winding rural, suburban and city streets, eventually ending at a racetrack. The ad is punctuated with a voice over declaring, "Pacing is everything, especially when drinking," and closes with the brand's social responsibility tagline, "Be a Champion. Drink Responsibly."
The creative, from Grey Worldwide New York is slated to air on national cable outlets. The ad will be further supported with a multi-tiered marketing platform including on- and off-premise point of sale materials, radio and out-of-home advertising and a public relations program all centred on the responsible consumption of beverage alcohol.
"Our association with proven champions like Kurt Busch and Roush Racing offers Crown Royal a great opportunity to remind devoted adult NASCAR fans about the importance of responsible drinking," said Jerry Knight, brand director, Crown Royal. "The responsible consumption of our products will be the core theme throughout our entire Crown Royal sponsorship."
Pernod Ricard is looking to acquire Allied Domecq....
Allied Domecq and Pernod Ricard have both been downgraded....
Diageo has completed another share buyback transaction....
Diageo's Smirnoff Signatures line of premixed cocktails is now available nationwide in the US....
Diageo is poised to cut back its presence in Germany, according to local reports....
Heineken has acquired a 40% stake in a Chinese brewery....
Spanish beer maker San Miguel has launched the new San Miguel 0.0% Apple to continue expanding in the country's booming market for alcohol-free brews....
Diageo North America has poached a senior executive from General Motors....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future