US: Crown Royal in winning designated driver promo
The whisky brand Crown Royal is joining with NASCAR champion Kurt Busch in its "Safe Rides Home" initiative which could see drinkers driven home personally by the racing champ.
Crown Royal and Busch will launch a fleet of No. 97 Ford Taurus cars in Indianapolis city centre, offering drinkers rides home in replicas of the purple and gold Crown Royal No. 97 Ford Taurus which Busch drives. Some lucky punters will even be personally driven home by NASCAR champion Kurt Busch himself.
"'The Safe Rides Home' programme is part of our continued effort to promote our 'Be a Champion. Drink Responsibly' campaign, and in the process advance the concept of a designated driver," said Crown Royal director, Jerry Knight. "This signature programme is the perfect vehicle to promote responsible decision-making, and who better to partner with than the champ, Kurt Busch."
The initiative will see 10 Crown Royal cars operating in rotation offering residents within a 20-mile radius of Indianapolis that are 21 years of age or older a lift home.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts