US: Crown Royal creates most expensive whisky
Speaking yesterday (3 May), the drinks giant said that the whisky has been made to mark Queen Elizabeth II's visit to the 2007 Kentucky Derby. The blend will retail for no less than US$10,000.
The company described how Crown Royal blender Andrew MacKay selected the rarest remaining barrels with some of the highest rye content and supervised production of what has been named the 'Crown Royal XR Extra Rare Heritage Blend'.
The initiative also involved commissioning glass designer Casey Hyland, at Louisville's Glassworks, to create a custom glass decanter etched with 24K gold leaf.
Crown Royal brand director David Tapscott said: "We have accomplished something unique and special with creating the most expensive Crown Royal whisky we have ever made, then using local craftsmen to express the very special message we wish to bestow upon Her Majesty to commemorate Her visit to Churchill Downs."
The announcement earlier this week that Carlsberg and Heineken are discussing making a bid for Scottish & Newcastle came far too early for the two European brewers. With no bid having been actually ma...
Diageo has launched a GBP5m pack redesign for its Scotch brand J&B....
Investment bank Lehman Brothers has upgraded shares in the global drinks group Diageo to 'equal-weight' from 'underweight', with a price target of GBP11.50....
Diageo's CEO has signed up to a UN Global Compact initiative to conserve water....
Deepak Roy, the prominent Indian spirits industry figure, has reportedly taken a 5% stake in the drinks group BDA, which produces Officer's Choice whisky....
Diageo has formed a partnership with hip hop rap artist, producer and mogul Sean 'Diddy' Combs for its Ciroc vodka brand....
Diageo has issued two separate bonds....
Diageo has responded to recent reports that it is in talks with UK supermarkets to stop promotions that mark down prices to a competitive level during the holiday season....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future