US: Crown Royal creates most expensive whisky
Speaking yesterday (3 May), the drinks giant said that the whisky has been made to mark Queen Elizabeth II's visit to the 2007 Kentucky Derby. The blend will retail for no less than US$10,000.
The company described how Crown Royal blender Andrew MacKay selected the rarest remaining barrels with some of the highest rye content and supervised production of what has been named the 'Crown Royal XR Extra Rare Heritage Blend'.
The initiative also involved commissioning glass designer Casey Hyland, at Louisville's Glassworks, to create a custom glass decanter etched with 24K gold leaf.
Crown Royal brand director David Tapscott said: "We have accomplished something unique and special with creating the most expensive Crown Royal whisky we have ever made, then using local craftsmen to express the very special message we wish to bestow upon Her Majesty to commemorate Her visit to Churchill Downs."
The announcement earlier this week that Carlsberg and Heineken are discussing making a bid for Scottish & Newcastle came far too early for the two European brewers. With no bid having been actually ma...
Diageo has launched a GBP5m pack redesign for its Scotch brand J&B....
Investment bank Lehman Brothers has upgraded shares in the global drinks group Diageo to 'equal-weight' from 'underweight', with a price target of GBP11.50....
Diageo's CEO has signed up to a UN Global Compact initiative to conserve water....
Deepak Roy, the prominent Indian spirits industry figure, has reportedly taken a 5% stake in the drinks group BDA, which produces Officer's Choice whisky....
Diageo has formed a partnership with hip hop rap artist, producer and mogul Sean 'Diddy' Combs for its Ciroc vodka brand....
Diageo has issued two separate bonds....
Diageo has responded to recent reports that it is in talks with UK supermarkets to stop promotions that mark down prices to a competitive level during the holiday season....
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research