US: Crown Imports rolls-out 24oz Corona cans
Crown Imports has rolled-out 24oz can packages for its Corona Extra and Corona Light beers in the US.
The Corona Extra 24oz can will be available in 26 initial markets across the country this month, with the Corona Light can to follow "shortly thereafter", the company said yesterday (16 October).
The cans are targeted at the 21-44 year-old general market and Hispanic drinkers from the service and manufacturing trades.
"Our consumer research indicates these consumers see Corona as a reward. Our 24-ounce cans offer a new trade-up option for drinkers looking for a premium beer experience," said Jim Sabia, executive vice president of marketing for Crown Imports.
"Based on the growing demand from consumers and retailers for single-serve options, we see a great opportunity for Corona in this space."
Primary channels of distribution for the new cans are convenience, drug, liquor and grocery stores.
Crown Imports appointed an Hispanic agency of record for Corona Extra and Modelo Especial in the US in July. The beer importer, a joint venture between Grupo Modelo and Constellation Brands, said that La Comunidad will lead all strategic planning, creative development and production for the two brands.
Constellation Brands has said it will buy back US$300m-worth of shares....
Constellation Brands' European unit has said it is "disappointed" that a marketing agency has threatened it with legal action in the UK....
Foster's Group has appointed the ex-head of Constellation Wines in Australia, John Grant, as vice president of its California wine division....
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- What's in store for Super Bowl 5 - Focus
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Moet Hennessy sees China rebound in strong FY
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research