US: Crown Imports readies Modelo food promotion
Crown Imports has launched a food-based tie-up for two of Grupo Modelo beer brands in the US.
The company, a 50-50 joint venture between Modelo and Constellation Brands, said today (24 June) that the programme, entitled 'Paired to Perfection', will see Modelo Especial and Negra Modelo, pair with the Worcestershire sauce brand Lea and Perrins in the country.
A free booklet containing recipes will be offered, while coupon offers include US$1 off Lea & Perrins and $3 off the combined purchase of any fresh or frozen beef or chicken product and Negra Modelo or Modelo Especial.
A $10 mail-in rebate off the combined purchase of any fresh or frozen beef or chicken product and Negra Modelo or Modelo Especial will also be offered.
The campaign will run via grocery store meat counters from now until the end of September.
News that Grupo Modelo is suing Constellation Brands must raise questions about the two firms' ability to work together in the Crown Imports venture....
Constellation Brands' announcement that it could merge or sell parts of its UK and Australian wine business raised more questions than it answered, but the move makes sense in an operating environment...
Constellation Brands stock fell as much as 7% on Wednesday (16 December) as news broke of a legal battle with joint venture partner Grupo Modelo. Michelle Russell looks at the early fallout....
What 2009 lacked in explosive headlines in the brewing category, it more than made up for in tactical manoeuvres for the future. Olly Wehring considers a year that was always going to struggle, in eve...
Irish drinks company C&C Group saw its share price jump nearly 9% this week following the announcement it has agreed to purchase the UK cider assets of Constellation Brands. Michelle Russell looks at ...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Constellation Brands has vowed to defend itself against a lawsuit filed by Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo over the amount of funding both firms have given to their Crown Imports joint venture....
Family-owned Australian winery Taylors Wines has transferred its New Zealand distribution to an independent wine agency....
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research