CHINA: Crown Imports opens drinks can plant
Crown Imports has opened its fifth drinks can plant in China, with another five on the way as the group seeks to slake brewers' and soft drinks producers' thirst for packaging.
Crown said today (6 October) that it has officially opened its can facility in Hangzhou, in China's Zhejiang province. The plant is capable of supplying 33cl and 50cl aluminium cans, with an initial annual capacity of 700m cans.
Volume sales of beer and soft drinks are rising strongly in China. The likes of The Coca-Cola Co, PepsiCo, SABMiller and Anheuser-Busch InBev are all seeking to increase their presence across the country.
Crown has five can plants in China and has another five in the pipeline. Construction on plants in Putian, Heshan and Ziyang is underway and the firm has plans for two new facilities in Changchun and Zhengzhou.
The chairman, president and CEO of Crown, John Conway, said: "We are pleased to be able to support both regional and multi-national customers with locally-produced beverage cans, a format that is gaining favour because it presents an economical and efficient packaging option and has a strong environmental record."
Click play, below, to view the thoughts of PepsiCo's CEO, Indra Nooyi, on the company's structural changes announced earlier today (12 March)....
At last week's Consumer Analyst Group of Europe conference, Danone faced up to the challenges its bottled water division faces in Western Europe. Richard Corbett concurs and sympathises. But, Richard ...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future