US: Crown Imports launches beach promotion for Grupo Modelo's Corona Extra
Crown Imports has launched a consumers' sweepstake for Grupo Modelo's Corona Extra beer brand in the US.
The company, which imports and markets Modelo's beers in the US, said yesterday (18 May) that the 'Corona Beach Getaway' sweepstakes represents “the biggest retail promotion in the brand's history” in the US. A total of 100 trips to Mexico will be offered to 100 US Corona consumers who find custom-wrapped Corona bottles or cans in US stores between now and 31 July.
Around 1,700 further prizes will be on offer, including Corona-branded patio umbrellas, rolling coolers and beach cabana tents. Specially-marked beach bottles and cans with unique codes have been randomly inserted into packages nationwide. Consumers can use the code to enter the random drawing for the prizes at CoronaBeachGetaway.com. Around 11,000 bottles and 1,000 12-pack cans will include the new beach packaging, five times more than the 2010 Corona 'Win the Beach' promotion.
A separate on-premise promotion offers drinkers at local bars to submit a photo of their 'Corona Getaway Moment' to CoronaTriptoMexico.com for a chance to win a beach holiday for two.
The sweepstakes is supported by a national television advert, in-store displays and radio ads. The new ad can be viewed here.
Crown Imports is jointly-owned by Modelo and Constellation Brands.
Heineken can largely thank Africa for the surprise rise in sales in the third quarter of its fiscal year, with the much-vaunted FEMSA Cerveza business in Mexico a late developer....
The CEO of SABMiller has sought to head-off scepticism over the brewer's deal to acquire Foster's Group, stressing that the move will immediately add value to its business....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Pernod takes Absolut Warhol push to Travel Retail
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014