US: Crown Imports appoints Hispanic agency for US
Crown Imports has appointed an Hispanic agency of record for Corona Extra and Modelo Especial in the US.
The beer importer, a joint venture between Grupo Modelo and Constellation Brands, said yesterday (15 July) that La Comunidad will lead all strategic planning, creative development and production for the two brands.
Based in Miami, La Comunidad was selected after a formal national agency review process that included strategic and creative proposals, Crown said.
"We were looking for an agency partner that has successfully managed major consumer brands, and also demonstrated expertise on how to leverage consumer insights into integrated communications platforms," said Jim Sabia, executive vice president of marketing for Crown. "La Comunidad showed great depth in their strategic thinking and creative vision.
"The Hispanic consumer for Corona Extra and Modelo Especial represents an important segment of our business for these brands, and we look forward to partnering with La Comunidad as well as increasing our marketing support on these brands to grow this important consumer base."
Corona Extra is the top imported beer in the US, selling around 100m cases a year. Modelo Especial sells about 25m cases a year.
Last month, Crown launched a food-based promotional push in the US for the Modelo Especial and Negra Modelo brands.
The one consistent prediction coming from everyone's crystal ball is that 2010 is going to be a tough year for the global wine industry. Chris Losh, however, believes that the next 12 months will stil...
Australian Vintage and Constellation Brands could announce a deal to merge some of their wine operations early in 2010....
Constellation Brands stock fell as much as 7% on Wednesday (16 December) as news broke of a legal battle with joint venture partner Grupo Modelo. Michelle Russell looks at the early fallout....
Constellation Brands, the world's largest wine firm, saw third quarter results beat analysts' expectations yesterday (7 January), but investors remained concerned by the slide in profits and sales....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
A lawsuit filed by Grupo Modelo against Constellation Brands does not jeopardise the future of the two firms' Crown Imports joint venture, Constellation president and CEO Rob Sands has said....
Constellation Brands, the world's largest wine firm, has reported a slide in third quarter earnings and a slip in sales, but said it is making progress on paying down debt....
Constellation Brands will report its third quarter results on Thursday 7 January....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research