SLOVAKIA: Crown Holdings to expand Kechnec facility
Crown Holdings will increase capacity at its plant in Slovakia
Crown Holdings is to increase the production capacity at its beverage can plant in Slovakia.
The US-based supplier of packaging products opened the plant based in Kechnec in April.
The company’s business unit Crown Bevcan Europe & Middle East will now install a second beverage can production line at the facility, the firm said today (11 August).
The line is expected to be operational by early-2011 and have an initial annual production capacity of around 850m two-piece aluminium beverage cans in sizes including 25cl and 33cl.
Crown said it expects production capacity to more than double the Kechnec plant's annual capability to more than 1.6bn 25cl, 33cl and 50cl cans.
"We are extremely pleased with strong customer demand throughout the central and eastern European region,” said Chris Homfray, president of Crown Europe. “The plant is well located to supply customers in Slovakia and neighbouring Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania and Ukraine.”
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research