US/CHINA: Crown Holdings expands China presence
Crown Holdings is to expand its footprint in China with the construction of two beverage can plants.
The facilities will be located in Zhengzhou, Central China and Changchun, Northeastern China, the metal packaging supplier said today (26 August). Each plant will have an initial annual production capacity of 720m two-piece aluminium beverage cans.
The Zhengzhou plant, which will serve the Henan and surrounding provinces, will produce 33cl cans. It is expected to be operational by the first quarter of 2013. The Changchun plant will produce 33cl and 50cl cans and is expected to be operational in the third quarter of 2013.
In addition, Crown is to add a second line to its previously announced facility in Putian, Fujian Province. The line is expected to be operational by the first quarter of 2013 and will produce 33cl and slim 25cl aluminium cans.
"The consumer market in China is growing at a rapid pace," said Crown Asia-Pacific president, Jozef Salaerts. "Adding facilities in Zhengzhou and Changchun demonstrates Crown's commitment to support our customers' growth in this critical market. The plants are also a testament to the increasing popularity of beverage cans in the region and the value they bring to consumers from both the convenience and sustainability perspectives."
Once complete, Crown will have ten beverage can plants in China.
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- Moet Hennessy hails Formula One deal for Chandon
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research