UGANDA: Crown Beverages to expand in Rwanda - report
The Uganda-based beverage company, which bottles Pepsi, told In2EastAfrica yesterday (23 January) that it will open operations in the two countries, which both border Rwanda. Crown was cited by the publication as saying that it has started importing and distributing in Rwanda due to a high demand for soft drinks.
The company recently tripled its capacity by adding a production line to its Kampala facility in Uganda. However, two additional plants will allow Crown to "increase production .... supply the Rwanda market and launch our distribution for Burundi and DRC".
Timescale and financial details were not disclosed, and no-one was available to confirm the reports when contacted by just-drinks.
In addition to Pepsi, Crown also bottles Mirinda, 7UP, Evervess, Peak mineral water and Mountain Dew.
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- Cognac plays the waiting game in China
- Comment - Coke Life: Hit or Miss?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Pernod Ricard swings at Portman Group
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites
- C&C Group steps down as Portman Group funder
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Distell to take 26% stake in spirits firm KHEAL