PAKISTAN: Cricketers boycott whisky sponsor
Pakistani cricketers will not wear shirts promoting the Johnnie Walker whisky brand in the Super Series matches later this year. The country's cricket authorities said yesterday (18 July) that its nation's cricketers will not wear or display logos of the matches' sponsor, Johnnie Walker, in the games scheduled for October.
Five Pakistani players have been selected for the provisional ICC World XI test and one-day squads that will play against Australia.
Alcohol consumption is banned for Muslims in the Islamic state of Pakistan. A PCB official told Reuters that, since the ban was considered a sensitive matter, the board had pre-empted problems and acted accordingly. "We have informed the ICC that our players will in no manner promote the logos or other promotional material if they are picked in the final World XI squads," the official told Reuters.
"We didn't want our players in a dilemma later on in matches," he added.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
Brasserie Kronenbourg has clarified earlier reports about its entry into the low alcohol beer sector in France....
Costs relating to alcohol abuse in Sweden are on the rise, according to research out this week....
Police in eastern Kenya have said that at least 24 people died on Saturday after drinking illegally produced alcohol....
According to a recently published study, people who drink alcohol may have a lower risk of developing a type of cancer which affects the lymphatic system known as non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL)....
Diageo is calling for facts labels to be placed on alcohol beverages in the US....
Kenyan authorities are to ban beer and spirits advertising from television and billboards in the country, according to a local report late last week....
Post-menopausal women who consume even moderate amounts of alcohol may face an increased risk of breast cancer, according to a comprehensive US study....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research