US: Crayons launches functional juice range
US group Crayons All-Natural Beverage Co has launched a new range of functional juice drinks aimed at children.
The Washington-based firm launched its range of juices, available in six flavours and each claiming a different functional property, at the Natural Products Expo East in Boston, which starts today (16 October).
With a recommended retail price of US$0.99 per 8oz can, each drink claims to contain 30% real fruit juices and is sweetened with organic cane juices.
Crayons claimed that different varieties of the drinks offer different benefits, such as added calcium for bone health and an antioxidant-rich version for general well-being.
Crayons was launched in April 2004 by co-founders Duncan Seay & P.J. Palmer. The group launched an All Natural Sports Drink in September.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Whisk(e)y leads vodka in US, but for how long?
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- William Grant opens Tullamore D.E.W. distillery
- Rabobank warns of "mountainous task" for Scotch
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014