AUSTRALIA: Cranswick/Evans & Tate merger terms revised
Under the revised terms, Cranswick shareholders will receive two fully paid ordinary Evans & Tate shares and A$2.50 in cash for every five Cranswick shares. This means Cranswick shareholders are receiving A$0.93 per share, against an effective value of A$1.38 per share in the original offer.
"Both companies are committed to the merger and will work together to ensure its early completion and the subsequent integration of the operations," the companies said in a joint statement.
Shares in both companies were suspended earlier on Friday pending the announcement on the merger. The revision of the terms became likely after Cranswick reported a A$23m ($12.6m) loss for the year to June 30. The revised bid values the merged group, which will trade as Evans & Tate Ltd, at approximately A$94m. It will be Australia's sixth largest wine company.
Companies: Evans & Tate
Australian wine company Evans & Tate has suffered acutely as grape oversupply and weak exports have combined to hit the Australian wine industry hard. David Robertson reports on the company's woes and...
Evans & Tate has put its Oakridge winery up for sale as part of its plan to focus on its premium wine business....
Evans & Tate risks having to immediately repay A$20m (US$14.7m) to convertible noteholders....
Ailing Australian wine producer Evans & Tate has axed 20 jobs as part of a round of cost cuts it hopes will revive the business....
Evans & Tate has completed the sale of its bulk wine inventory but said it would work with consultants 333 Performance Management for a further three months in a bid to turn around the business....
Evans & Tate has appointed a new chief executive officer....
Evans & Tate may be investigated by the Australian authorities, according to local press reports....
The troubles of Australian winemaker Evans & Tate are increasing, with news today (16 August) that the company now expects to make write-downs of not less than A$16.5m for the 2004/05 financial year....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report