AUSTRALIA: Cranswick on track for $A50m sales
Listed Australian producer Cranswick Premium Wines is 'on track' to report sales of $A50m in the 1999-2000 financial year.Managing director, Graham Cranswick-Smith, said today that he saw no reason to amend earlier forecasts, given continuing strong exports.He said that despite the shortfalls of many companies in the 2000 vintage, the company's 36,800 tonnes was 11% more than last year's combined total of Cranswick Wines and Australian Premium Wines, which was acquired during the year.Cranswick was well-placed to continue its export growth by building on its strong position in the UK market.Its recent success in placing an order with a German supermarket chain for 1.5m bottles of Chardonnay was being followed by a test quantity of red wines.A one-off order of 15,000 cases of wine consigned to Japan for Golden Week, had sold out.Other sales in Japan were growing steadily with per capita consumption now at 3 litres and predicted to double within five years. Chris Snow
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review