JAPAN: Cranberry is flavour of the month in Japan
Japanese consumers are developing a taste for cranberries and many manufacturers are leaping on the bandwagon of new flavours.Kikkoman Corporation makes Del Monte Cranberry juice and says that increased demand has encouraged it to launch Cranberry and Apple and Cranberry and Grape flavours.And with a big marketing push Kikkoman says it hopes to boost cranberry sales 10 fold in 2000. The company says it hopes the berry will become a favourite among health conscious drinkers.Cranberries contain polyphenol, vitamin C, dietary fibre and anthocyanin - good for the eyes. Cranberries are also being included in diary products.Meiji Milk Products launched a cranberry yoghurt earlier this year and expects sales of about one million yen this year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- William Grant opens Tullamore D.E.W. distillery
- Rabobank warns of "mountainous task" for Scotch