JAPAN: Cranberry is flavour of the month in Japan
Japanese consumers are developing a taste for cranberries and many manufacturers are leaping on the bandwagon of new flavours.Kikkoman Corporation makes Del Monte Cranberry juice and says that increased demand has encouraged it to launch Cranberry and Apple and Cranberry and Grape flavours.And with a big marketing push Kikkoman says it hopes to boost cranberry sales 10 fold in 2000. The company says it hopes the berry will become a favourite among health conscious drinkers.Cranberries contain polyphenol, vitamin C, dietary fibre and anthocyanin - good for the eyes. Cranberries are also being included in diary products.Meiji Milk Products launched a cranberry yoghurt earlier this year and expects sales of about one million yen this year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research