JAPAN: Cranberry is flavour of the month in Japan
Japanese consumers are developing a taste for cranberries and many manufacturers are leaping on the bandwagon of new flavours.Kikkoman Corporation makes Del Monte Cranberry juice and says that increased demand has encouraged it to launch Cranberry and Apple and Cranberry and Grape flavours.And with a big marketing push Kikkoman says it hopes to boost cranberry sales 10 fold in 2000. The company says it hopes the berry will become a favourite among health conscious drinkers.Cranberries contain polyphenol, vitamin C, dietary fibre and anthocyanin - good for the eyes. Cranberries are also being included in diary products.Meiji Milk Products launched a cranberry yoghurt earlier this year and expects sales of about one million yen this year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Why Vietnam is the next beer battleground
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- Concha y Toro sees H1 profits, sales jump - result
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review