JAPAN: Cranberry is flavour of the month in Japan
Japanese consumers are developing a taste for cranberries and many manufacturers are leaping on the bandwagon of new flavours.Kikkoman Corporation makes Del Monte Cranberry juice and says that increased demand has encouraged it to launch Cranberry and Apple and Cranberry and Grape flavours.And with a big marketing push Kikkoman says it hopes to boost cranberry sales 10 fold in 2000. The company says it hopes the berry will become a favourite among health conscious drinkers.Cranberries contain polyphenol, vitamin C, dietary fibre and anthocyanin - good for the eyes. Cranberries are also being included in diary products.Meiji Milk Products launched a cranberry yoghurt earlier this year and expects sales of about one million yen this year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Half-year sales lift for Pernod Ricard
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research