US: Craft brewers unite to highlight Pennsylvanian industry
Craft beer has found success in the US
A group of central Pennsylvanian craft brewers have joined forces to help attract new consumers through their doors.
The 12 brewers, who have formed the Hershey Harrisburg Craft Beer Country (HHCBC), will jointly promote their breweries as well as Pennsylvania's flourishing independent brewing scene, the group said last week. About 100 of the US' 2,400 craft breweries are in the state, including HHCBC member Troegs Brewing Company, which opened a 90,000 square-foot brewery in 2011.
"This collaborative program represents a wide range of breweries, all sharing a narrow focus on producing quality crafted beers,” HHCBC president Jason Reimer said.
“Together with our community partners we will draw the attention of new audiences to our region as a destination for craft beers and quality entertainment.”
The new venture has been launched in conjunction with local tourism and economic development bodies and is based on a similar program for Hershey Harrisburg wine makers that started in 2011, Reimer said.
The success of the US craft beer sector helped the overall beer market return to growth last year, a report said this month.
Craft Beer Market in the US 2012-2016
The analysts in this report forecast the Craft Beer market in the US to grow at a CAGR of 17.46 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the chan...read more
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future