US: Craft brewer Foolproof eyes national expansion
Foolproof Brewing Co is looking to go nation-wide with its beers in the near future
Foolproof Brewing Company has opened in New England with plans to expand into markets throughout the US.
The craft brewer has initially launched its beers in “select” Rhode Island bars through C&C Distributors, the company said yesterday (3 January). It also plans to introduce 12oz cans before the end of this month.
Looking ahead, the company is aiming to expand into Massachusetts and Connecticut prio to a national roll-out.
Foolproof, previously know as High Jinx Brewing Company, said it will produce three year-round beers. These are: Barstool – “an American golden ale”; Raincould – a “robust” porter, and Backyahd” - an IPA. The company will also produce limited high-end speciality beers.
Last year, the number of breweries in the US hit a 125-year high of 2,126, while craft beer volume sales were up by 12% in the first half.
The Brewers Association, which represents US craft brewers, yesterday warned against the idea of hiking beer tax to address the country's economic problems, claiming it would "devastate" the independent brewing sector.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends