Product Launch - US: Craft Brew Alliance's Square Mile Cider The Original and Spur & Vine
Click through to view the Craft Brew Alliance's Square Mile Cider
Craft Brew Alliance's Square Mile Cider The Original and Spur & Vine
Category - Cider, 6.7% abv
Available - From now
Location - US; Washington, Oregon, and California
Price - SRP of US$6.99 per 22oz (65cl) bottle; also available on draught
Distribution - Through Craft Brew Alliance wholesaler network
The Craft Brew Alliance (CBA) has released two ciders to tap into growing demand for the category in the US.
The Original and Spur & Vine launched in three states this week, CBA told just-drinks.
“We have seen tremendous growth in the cider category over the past five years and recognised the opportunity to expand our portfolio of brands by introducing a unique, hand crafted product to the market,” a spokesperson said.
On Wednesday, the Pacific north-west brewing alliance posted a first-quarter loss as sales dropped by 4.9%.
PORTLAND, Ore. – April 2, 2013 – From the pioneer spirit of the Pacific Northwest comes Square Mile Cider Company. The Cider Company launched today, and is introducing two new cider varieties in select markets in Oregon, Washington, and California; The Original is a classic American hard cider; and Spur & Vine is a Northwest version of the classic American hard cider, with the addition of Galaxy hops.
Square Mile Cider Company is based in Portland, Ore., and is inspired by the fortitude and perseverance of the early American settlers who set out on the Oregon Trail in search of a better tomorrow. These pioneers left their old lives behind and chose a new path, relying on hope, pride, and determination. This same pioneer spirit is at the heart of Square Mile Cider Company.
When the settlers arrived in Oregon in the 1850s, they were granted one square mile of land where they could stake their claims and pursue their dreams. They found that the Northwest had fertile soil and a temperate climate creating the ideal landscape for growing fruit trees.
Square Mile Cider Co. picks and hand presses three apple varieties to make their hard cider; Red Delicious, Yellow Delicious, and Johnny Gold. The use of these traditional apple varieties in combination with a lager beer yeast makes a very unique, very easy drinking hard cider.
“We are so lucky to be living in a place of such unbelievable bounty,” said Lorin Gelfand, brand manager of Square Mile Cider Company. “The early Oregon pioneers planted orchards that have been passed down through generations and are still producing fruit today. They inspired us to bring back this classic American beverage that we’re proud to share.”
Square Mile Ciders, The Original and Spur & Vine, are available exclusively in select markets in Oregon, Washington, and California beginning on May 6, 2013. The two varieties will be available at select retail locations in 22-oz. bottles and draught only.
Original source: Company Release
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- This week in wine & spirits on just-drinks
- Spirits volumes slide in Global Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages