US: Craft Brew Alliance signs Europe, Asia distribution deal
Craft Brew Alliance is expanding its presence in Europe and Asia
Craft Brew Alliance (CBA) has signed a deal with exporting company CraftCanTravel to exclusively distribute a selection of its beers in Europe and Asia.
Distribution will be focussed on Kona Longboard Lager and Big Wave Golden Ale, Omission Lager and Pale Ale, Redhook Long Hammer IPA and Pilsner, Widmer Brothers Hefeweizen and the Rotator IPA Series, CBA said today (1 November). Specific beers will vary by country.
CraftCanTravel has started distributing some of the beers to China, Denmark, Finland, Holland, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan and the UK.
“We see significant opportunity for US craft beers internationally and CBA is uniquely positioned to be an export leader because our brand portfolio offers a wide variety of beers to satisfy any beer drinking occasion,” said Andy Thomas, CBA's commercial operations president.
Financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report