US: Craft Brew Alliance signs Europe, Asia distribution deal
Craft Brew Alliance is expanding its presence in Europe and Asia
Craft Brew Alliance (CBA) has signed a deal with exporting company CraftCanTravel to exclusively distribute a selection of its beers in Europe and Asia.
Distribution will be focussed on Kona Longboard Lager and Big Wave Golden Ale, Omission Lager and Pale Ale, Redhook Long Hammer IPA and Pilsner, Widmer Brothers Hefeweizen and the Rotator IPA Series, CBA said today (1 November). Specific beers will vary by country.
CraftCanTravel has started distributing some of the beers to China, Denmark, Finland, Holland, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, Norway, Sweden, Taiwan and the UK.
“We see significant opportunity for US craft beers internationally and CBA is uniquely positioned to be an export leader because our brand portfolio offers a wide variety of beers to satisfy any beer drinking occasion,” said Andy Thomas, CBA's commercial operations president.
Financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Three Questions for the Drinks Industry
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Diageo Q1 sales dip "in line with expectations"
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"