US: Craft Brew Alliance recalls Square Mile Cider bottles
Click through to view the affected products
The Craft Brew Alliance (CBA) has recalled 2,500 cases of Square Mile Cider in the US over fears the brand's glass bottles could burst.
The recall covers Square Mile Original Hard Apple Cider and Square Mile Spur & Vine Hopped Apple Cider packaged before 15 May, CBA subsidiary Square Mile said on Friday (19 July). The products were from a first production run and refermentation could cause the packaging to burst, the company said.
Square Mile added that it has identified the problem and no illnesses or injuries have been reported.
“We are working with our wholesalers and retail partners to remove all affected product from store shelves as quickly as possible,” Square Mile brand manager Lorin Gelfand said.
CBA reported a first-quarter loss in May as sales dropped by 5% but said it expected to post growth in FY sales and profits.
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Scottish leader speaks out over Scotch whisky
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk