US: Craft Brew Alliance recalls Square Mile Cider bottles
Click through to view the affected products
The Craft Brew Alliance (CBA) has recalled 2,500 cases of Square Mile Cider in the US over fears the brand's glass bottles could burst.
The recall covers Square Mile Original Hard Apple Cider and Square Mile Spur & Vine Hopped Apple Cider packaged before 15 May, CBA subsidiary Square Mile said on Friday (19 July). The products were from a first production run and refermentation could cause the packaging to burst, the company said.
Square Mile added that it has identified the problem and no illnesses or injuries have been reported.
“We are working with our wholesalers and retail partners to remove all affected product from store shelves as quickly as possible,” Square Mile brand manager Lorin Gelfand said.
CBA reported a first-quarter loss in May as sales dropped by 5% but said it expected to post growth in FY sales and profits.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015