US: Craft Brew Alliance recalls Square Mile Cider bottles
Click through to view the affected products
The Craft Brew Alliance (CBA) has recalled 2,500 cases of Square Mile Cider in the US over fears the brand's glass bottles could burst.
The recall covers Square Mile Original Hard Apple Cider and Square Mile Spur & Vine Hopped Apple Cider packaged before 15 May, CBA subsidiary Square Mile said on Friday (19 July). The products were from a first production run and refermentation could cause the packaging to burst, the company said.
Square Mile added that it has identified the problem and no illnesses or injuries have been reported.
“We are working with our wholesalers and retail partners to remove all affected product from store shelves as quickly as possible,” Square Mile brand manager Lorin Gelfand said.
CBA reported a first-quarter loss in May as sales dropped by 5% but said it expected to post growth in FY sales and profits.
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research