US: Craft Brew Alliance hires ex-Heineken exec as CMO
The group is eyeing growth with the appointment of a CMO
Craft Brew Alliance (CBA) has recruited a former Heineken executive as its chief marketing officer, a newly-created role.
Ken Kunze will start with the Pacific north-west brewing group on Monday (4 November), it announced late yesterday (29 October). Kunze, most recently CMO at PepsiCo and Strauss JV, Sabra Dipping Company, will report to CBA's commercial operations president Andy Thomas.
Kunze, who was also previously Heineken's US marketing chief, is charged with overseeing CBA's portfolio, including Widmer Brothers Brewing, Redhook Brewing, Kona Brewing Co, Omission and Square Mile Cider Company.
Thomas said: “With Ken on board, we are further reinforcing our commitment to finding new and exciting ways to bring our brands to life and advance our competitive edge as the only company to combine the soul of a craft brewer with the body of a big brewer.”
Kunze said: “Consumers today are looking for flavour in everything they consume, and they are seeking out brands with interesting stories.”
He added: "CBA is a unique opportunity, and the portfolio is well-positioned for growth.”
In August, the company reported a rise in sales but remained in the red. CBA will announce its third-quarter numbers next Thursday (7 November).
Craft Beer Market in the US 2012-2016
The analysts in this report forecast the Craft Beer market in the US to grow at a CAGR of 17.46 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the chan...read more
Some years ago I was told that the health lobbyists who had helped deliver England and Wales' smoking ban had switched their attention to scoring a similar 'victory' on alcohol. ...
Synopsis Canadean's "Heineken USA Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a com...
Heineken, the world’s third largest brewer and leading cider producer, continued its aggressive acquisitive expansion in 2012 with the purchase of Asia Pacific Breweries. This profile considers the ex...
Heineken is making efforts to improve its business in the key US market and support sluggish consumption through product innovation, including Indio in June 2012 and Amstel Wheat and Tecate Michelada ...
Heineken do Brasil Comercial’s strategic direction became more aggressive in 2012. The company invested in new product launches and marketing and advertising campaigns to attract the attention of cons...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Why Millennials are driving premium wine demand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Piper-Heidsieck agrees three-year Oscars tie-up
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets