US: Craft Brew Alliance hires ex-Heineken exec as CMO
The group is eyeing growth with the appointment of a CMO
Craft Brew Alliance (CBA) has recruited a former Heineken executive as its chief marketing officer, a newly-created role.
Ken Kunze will start with the Pacific north-west brewing group on Monday (4 November), it announced late yesterday (29 October). Kunze, most recently CMO at PepsiCo and Strauss JV, Sabra Dipping Company, will report to CBA's commercial operations president Andy Thomas.
Kunze, who was also previously Heineken's US marketing chief, is charged with overseeing CBA's portfolio, including Widmer Brothers Brewing, Redhook Brewing, Kona Brewing Co, Omission and Square Mile Cider Company.
Thomas said: “With Ken on board, we are further reinforcing our commitment to finding new and exciting ways to bring our brands to life and advance our competitive edge as the only company to combine the soul of a craft brewer with the body of a big brewer.”
Kunze said: “Consumers today are looking for flavour in everything they consume, and they are seeking out brands with interesting stories.”
He added: "CBA is a unique opportunity, and the portfolio is well-positioned for growth.”
In August, the company reported a rise in sales but remained in the red. CBA will announce its third-quarter numbers next Thursday (7 November).
Craft Beer Market in the US 2012-2016
The analysts in this report forecast the Craft Beer market in the US to grow at a CAGR of 17.46 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the chan...read more
Some years ago I was told that the health lobbyists who had helped deliver England and Wales' smoking ban had switched their attention to scoring a similar 'victory' on alcohol. ...
Heineken do Brasil Comercial’s strategic direction became more aggressive in 2012. The company invested in new product launches and marketing and advertising campaigns to attract the attention of cons...
This is the first in a new series of short reports from just-drinks. These profiles will bring together all of just-drinks' coverage of a major development involving some of the leading players in the...
The G8 Soft Drinks industry guide provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The guide al...
"The Future of the Wine Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and co...
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research