US: Craft Brew Alliance appoints ex-Heineken USA head as CEO
CBA has prepared for its CEO succession
Craft Brew Alliance has lined up a former Heineken USA head as its new CEO, three weeks after bringing another former employee of the Dutch brewer in as CMO.
Andy Thomas, who led Heineken's US unit from 2005 to 2007, will take over from current head Terry Michaelson at the start of next year, the Pacific north-west brewing group said yesterday (21 November). Former Heineken marketing chief Ken Kuze was appointed CMO last month.
Thomas is CBA's president of commercial operations and joined the group in 2011 after serving as a consultant. As well as spending 12 years with Heineken International, he was previously an independent consultant and senior advisor to The Monitor Group.
Outgoing CEO Michaelson will continue to advise the company until the end of 2014, CBA said.
CBA chairman Kurt Widmer said: “The board has planned carefully for this succession, and we’re very proud of the progress and growth CBA has achieved under Terry’s exceptional leadership. Looking ahead, we are confident that CBA will continue to thrive with Andy at the helm.”
He added: “His previous experience as CEO for Heineken USA makes him the right person for the job.”
In year-to-date results announced this month, CBA was back in the black, boosted by demand in new and existing markets.
Craft Beer Market in the US 2012-2016
The analysts in this report forecast the Craft Beer market in the US to grow at a CAGR of 17.46 percent over the period 2012-2016. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is the chan...read more
Ray Rowlands, of Drinksinfo Ltd, explores medicinal water, a segment of the bottled water category that, whilst offering undeniable health benefits, has been largely rejected by the global consumer....
Heineken do Brasil Comercial’s strategic direction became more aggressive in 2012. The company invested in new product launches and marketing and advertising campaigns to attract the attention of cons...
This is the first in a new series of short reports from just-drinks. These profiles will bring together all of just-drinks' coverage of a major development involving some of the leading players in the...
"The Future of the Wine Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and co...
"The Future of the Wine Market in Ukraine to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and company research. T...
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Pernod Ricard keen to stem Absolut US declines
- Heineken adds to UK on-trade footprint
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research