US: Craft Brew Alliance appoints ex-Heineken USA head as CEO
CBA has prepared for its CEO succession
Craft Brew Alliance has lined up a former Heineken USA head as its new CEO, three weeks after bringing another former employee of the Dutch brewer in as CMO.
Andy Thomas, who led Heineken's US unit from 2005 to 2007, will take over from current head Terry Michaelson at the start of next year, the Pacific north-west brewing group said yesterday (21 November). Former Heineken marketing chief Ken Kuze was appointed CMO last month.
Thomas is CBA's president of commercial operations and joined the group in 2011 after serving as a consultant. As well as spending 12 years with Heineken International, he was previously an independent consultant and senior advisor to The Monitor Group.
Outgoing CEO Michaelson will continue to advise the company until the end of 2014, CBA said.
CBA chairman Kurt Widmer said: “The board has planned carefully for this succession, and we’re very proud of the progress and growth CBA has achieved under Terry’s exceptional leadership. Looking ahead, we are confident that CBA will continue to thrive with Andy at the helm.”
He added: “His previous experience as CEO for Heineken USA makes him the right person for the job.”
In year-to-date results announced this month, CBA was back in the black, boosted by demand in new and existing markets.
Ray Rowlands, of Drinksinfo Ltd, explores medicinal water, a segment of the bottled water category that, whilst offering undeniable health benefits, has been largely rejected by the global consumer....
Heineken has launched a new global marketing campaign for its flagship lager brand, including limited-edition bottle designs. ...
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends