US: Craft beer sales jump in 2010
Craft beer sales outstrip US beer market - Craft Brewers' Association
Craft beer sales increased by almost 9% in value for the 12 months to the end of December, to US$7.6bn, according to figures published this week by the US Craft Brewers' Association. Volume sales of craft beer outpaced value growth, rising by 12% to 9.95m barrels.
The figures show that craft brewers maintained the sector's momentum in the second half of 2010, following a strong start to the year. The overall US beer market shrank by around 3% in volume in 2010, dragged down by weaker demand for mainstream beers such as Budweiser and Coors Light.
Craft Brewers' Association director Paul Gatza said: "With well over 100 new brewery openings in 2010, plus 618 breweries in planning stages, all signs point to continued growth for the industry." He said that craft beer accounts for 7.6% of US beer market value and 5% of industry volume in the US.
The Advertising Standards Authority has rejected a complaint made by Molson Coors in the UK about Heineken's recent global television advert for its namesake beer brand....
The CEO of SABMiller has sought to head-off scepticism over the brewer's deal to acquire Foster's Group, stressing that the move will immediately add value to its business....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends