UK: Court Will Rule If Hot Drinks Are Too Hot.
Customers claiming to have been burned by hot drinks made by McDonalds are taking the fast food chain to court.Lawyers acting for the customers claim that McDonalds is breaking the Consumer Protection and Occupiers Liability Act because its hot drinks are served at between 87 and 90 degrees.So far 25 customers, including the current 20 cases, have taken the company to court, but it has been reported as many as 40 will eventually join the action.McDonalds claims its products, including drinks, are carefully prepared to specifications and in a statement said: "All of our hot drinks are served in cups fitted with a lid and bearing the words 'caution hot'."The cases are due to be heard in Manchester. However, because of legal action McDonalds refused to comment on the current cases.Sarah Diston
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Remy Cointreau sets up whisky division
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits