UK: Court Will Rule If Hot Drinks Are Too Hot.
Customers claiming to have been burned by hot drinks made by McDonalds are taking the fast food chain to court.Lawyers acting for the customers claim that McDonalds is breaking the Consumer Protection and Occupiers Liability Act because its hot drinks are served at between 87 and 90 degrees.So far 25 customers, including the current 20 cases, have taken the company to court, but it has been reported as many as 40 will eventually join the action.McDonalds claims its products, including drinks, are carefully prepared to specifications and in a statement said: "All of our hot drinks are served in cups fitted with a lid and bearing the words 'caution hot'."The cases are due to be heard in Manchester. However, because of legal action McDonalds refused to comment on the current cases.Sarah Diston
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts