UK: Court Will Rule If Hot Drinks Are Too Hot.
Customers claiming to have been burned by hot drinks made by McDonalds are taking the fast food chain to court.Lawyers acting for the customers claim that McDonalds is breaking the Consumer Protection and Occupiers Liability Act because its hot drinks are served at between 87 and 90 degrees.So far 25 customers, including the current 20 cases, have taken the company to court, but it has been reported as many as 40 will eventually join the action.McDonalds claims its products, including drinks, are carefully prepared to specifications and in a statement said: "All of our hot drinks are served in cups fitted with a lid and bearing the words 'caution hot'."The cases are due to be heard in Manchester. However, because of legal action McDonalds refused to comment on the current cases.Sarah Diston
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends