RUSSIA: Court rejects SPI suit over Pertsovka (report)
The state-owned company, Soyuzplodoimport, engaged in a battle with SPI over ownership of Russian vodka brands, said in a statement that the Pertsovka trademark was registered by the Soviet patent agency in 1969 to the state-owned trading company Soyuzplodoimport.
Although in 1997-1998, some trademarks were transferred to SPI, in 2001 Russia restored state control to 17 trademarks. The state-owned Soyuzplodoimport reiterated that at moment the Pertsovka trademark remains a state-owned brand.
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US