FRANCE: Court places seven Belvedere subsidiaries under administration
The commercial court of Dijon has placed seven of Belvedere's subsidiaries under administration.
In a statement released earlier today (17 July), Belvedere said the court's decision "would protect the group's strategic assets and allow the subsidiaries to take part in operations" to reduce Belvedere's debts, which “remain the priority objective of the group”.
The seven subsidiaries are the Marie Brizard et Roger International wines and spirits producer, two Polish distribution companies - Sobieski and Sobieski Trade - three vodka distilleries in Poland - Destylarnia Sobieski, Destylernia Polmos' w Krakowie and Fabryka Wodek 'Polmos' Lancut – and Domain Menada wine estate in Bulgaria.
Marie Brizard et Roger International's portfolio include the William Peel whisky brand as well as gin, vodka and Cognac brands. Its wines are marketed under the Moncigale brand name.
Belvedere is seeking to repay its debts to creditors through the sale of assets.
For just-drinks' take on Belvedere's travails, click here.
However, a company spokesman told just-drinks that the group "would not be commenting on who or what is for sale”.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- This week in spirits & wine
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts