PORTUGAL: Country director switch at Diageo Portugal confirmed
Diageo has appointed a new country director in Portugal
Diageo has lined up a change of country director for Portugal.
The company said earlier today (4 April) that Ana Claudia Ruiz will lead operations in the country. Ruiz moves across from her current role as business development director for Diageo Latin America.
When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesperson for Diageo said that Ruiz is replacing Joao Campos, but declined to comment further on the reasons for the change.
Having been with Diageo for eight years, Ruiz has relocated to Lisbon this spring. She assumed the role in mid-March.
Last year, the company announced a change of MD for the Iberia division, which covers Portugal and Spain. Newton Freire replaced Jose Sedano in the position, but, again, Diageo did not comment on the move.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends