CANADA: Cott unveils tea brand
Cott Corp. is set to launch a range of RTD teas in North America.
The portfolio of ten drinks - known as Orient Emporium Tea Co. - is now available in around 1,500 Wal-Mart stores, the company said yesterday (28 August).
The range's flavours include green tea with citrus, white tea with clementine orange and raspberry iced tea. The drinks are packaged in 20-ounce PET bottles, in both six and 12-packs.
"Ready-to-drink flavoured teas is one of the fastest growing segments in the industry and we were able to take our product line from concept to market in less than two months," said Brent Willis, Cott's president and chief executive officer.
"What sets the Orient Emporium Tea Co. brand apart is the premiumness of the products, still at a great value," he added.
Last month, Cott warned of job cuts as weak demand for CSDs in North America battered profits. For the first half of this year, Cott saw profits slump by 53% year-on-year to US$30.7m.
The fact that bad news travels faster than good, and is certainly more likely to make the headlines, is not lost on UK soft drinks companies, so it is somewhat surprising that the British Soft Drinks ...
Asian soft drinks consumption continues to rise, according to recent figures....
On-shelf impact, convenience, shelf-life, brand loyalty and increasingly environmental credentials all factor into the packaging choice for soft drinks brands. Moreover, writes Annette Farr, when it c...
Low-calorie carbonated soft drinks will be the main driver for growth in CSDs, according to a recent report....
Since their introduction 30 years ago, the use of PET bottles has expanded hugely in the soft drinks market, writes Richard Corbett of industry analysts Canadean. But challenges remain, not least boos...
UK communications regulator Ofcom is pushing ahead with its plan to ban junk food ads during TV shows watched by under 16-year-olds....
Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) chief executive John Brock has revealed that the "majority" of the company's planned 3,500 job cuts will be in North America. Brock was speaking as the world's largest bott...
UK soft drinks company Britvic is set to bolster its presence in the country's fast-growing juice category with the launch of two pure juice products. Britvic, whose portfolio includes Tango and Robin...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets