CANADA: Cott seals JV with US beverage supplier
Canadian soft drinks giant the Cott Corporation has announced that it will invest US$29.5m in cash, to form a new business venture with Polar Corp, an independent beverage supplier from Worcester, Massachusetts, in the US.
It is hoped that the new soft drinks venture, called Northeast Retailer
Brands LLC, will add US$55m to Cott's annual sales and will also add to its earnings per share growth in the first full year, said Cott's president, Frank E. Weisse.
Polar has been bottling drinks for more than 120 years, supplying many major retailers in New England and surrounding states.
"Adding Cott's marketing and merchandising skills to Polar's operations and logistical skills will bolster our efforts to help retailers win consumer preference," said Ralph D. Crowley Jr, Polar president and chief executive officer.
"I am convinced that all our customers will benefit by also being able to work with Cott's research and innovation teams in formulating new products for our region."
Carbonates Report 2000 - North America
Companies: Cott Corporation
Cott Corporation has acquired the UK's Macaw Soft Drinks, in a deal worth close to US$135m....
Cott Beverages is to produce a range of Simpsons juice drinks for the UK market....
Cott Corp. has appointed a new CFO....
Cott Corporation has posted its results for the second quarter to 2 July....
Congratulations to the five lucky winners of our competition, in association with Wolf Blass, for tickets to today's cricket match between England and Bangladesh....
Cott Corporation's US subsidiary has begun shipping from its new manufacturing facility in Fort Worth, Texas....
Cott Corporation said yesterday that its executive vice president and chief financial officer, Raymond P. Silcock, was to resign from the company after nearly seven years in this role, effective April...
Analysts lowered their earnings estimates for the soft drink producer Cott Corporation after it announced disappointing first quarter results last week....
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research