US: Cott president joins ABA board
The soft drinks producer Cott Corporation yesterday announced the appointment of its president and CEO, John K. Sheppard, to the board of directors of the Washington, DC-based American Beverage Association (ABA).
"The association has become more important than ever before, representing our industry on a multitude of critical issues," said Sheppard. "It is an exciting time for the beverage industry and I am honored to be appointed to its governing board."
The American Beverage Association is the trade association representing the broad spectrum of companies that manufacture and distribute non-alcoholic beverages. Its membership of beverage producers, distributors, franchise companies and support industries provide a wide variety of beverage choices, including bottled water, juice, juice drinks, sports drinks, regular soft drinks, zero- to mid-calorie soft drinks, teas, and dairy-based beverages.
ABA hairman of the Board Ralph D. Crowley said that Sheppard will bring the perspective of retailer brand carbonated soft drink manufacturing to the board.
He added: "As the president and CEO of the largest retailer brand soft drink manufacturer in the world, John brings with him extensive knowledge of the beverage industry and the myriad issues confronting us. We are extremely pleased to have him join our Board and look forward to the many contributions he will make."
Cott Corporation's acquisition of UK drinks company Macaw cements its UK division's position as the leading producer of own label soft drinks in the country. Annette Sessions assesses the deal and rep...
The functional drinks sector remains something of a niche market in Eastern Europe but there is clearly growth potential. Hope Lee of industry analysts, Euromonitor International, assesses the state o...
Functional soft drinks are relatively undeveloped in Latin America in comparison with Europe but there is significant growth potential. Hope Lee of industry analysts, Euromonitor International, examin...
Cott Corporation has acquired the UK's Macaw Soft Drinks, in a deal worth close to US$135m....
Cott Beverages is to produce a range of Simpsons juice drinks for the UK market....
Cott Corp. has appointed a new CFO....
Cott Corporation has posted its results for the second quarter to 2 July....
Coca Cola is planning to invest €20m in a new production line at its plant at Socx near Dunkirk in northern France....
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- NPD: Brewdog's Born to Die
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review