CANADA: Cott names procurement chief
Cott, the world's largest producer of own-brand soft drinks for retailers, has named Bill Reis as senior vice president, global procurement and chief procurement officer. Reis will take the position on 26 March.
Reis spent 13 years at Coca-Cola Co. in a number of purchasing and procurement roles in the US, Europe and Latin America. He joins Cott from Revlon, where he headed the cosmetics giant's procurement division.
Cott chief manufacturing and supply chain officer Rick Dobry said: "Reis' appointment is another step we've taken to strengthen our organisation and leverage our global support functions to reduce costs and become the best partner to our retailer customers."
The Coca-Cola Co. has confirmed that it will cut jobs in its North America unit by the end of the year....
Some citrus-flavoured carbonated drinks contain more caffeine than cola, according to a recent study in the Journal of Food Science....
The Coca-Cola Co. has dismissed claims that a sweetener used in Coke Zero could prove harmful to consumers....
The Coca-Cola Co. has confirmed that it is to close one of its facilities in Ireland....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has signed a distribution deal with The Coca-Cola Co. for its recently acquired Glacéau brands....
The Coca-Cola Co. has joined a group focusing on human rights principles in business....
Cott Corporation's Mexican business has acquired the assets of the El Riego company in Mexico....
Coca-Cola Embonor has made a prepayment on its current loan with an international bank....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends