CANADA: Cott merger with Cadbury Schweppes mooted
A report in today's (13 April) Wall Street Journal claimed that the discussions were taking place, citing a source familiar with the talks. Trading in Cott shares have subsequently been suspended in Toronto today.
The paper also cited people familiar with the situation as saying that several private equity firms are considering a bid for Cadbury's brands, which include Dr. Pepper and 7 Up.
No-one was available for comment at Cott when contacted by just-drinks today.
Last month, UK-based Cadbury Schweppes said it will separate its Americas drinks operations from its confectionary business. The company said it was "evaluating the options for separation" and would shed further light on its plans in June.
The growth of still soft drinks, such as juices and functional waters, presents manufacturers with a problem, as they are more susceptible to spoilage than traditional carbonated drinks. However, thei...
PepsiCo has reported a lift in both operating profit and sales for its third quarter....
The Coca-Cola Co. has had its share coverage upped....
Cadbury Schweppes is to demerge its North American beverage business....
Coca Cola FEMSA and the Coca-Cola Co. have launched a tender public offering to buy 100% of the shares of the juice company Jugos del Valle....
The Coca-Cola Co. has invested US$2m in Recyclebank, a rewards programme that motivates people to recycle in the US....
The Coca-Cola Co. spent US$100,000 on lobbying the US government in the first half of this year, according to a recent filing....
Reed's has beefed up its management team with the appointment of a new CFO....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Interview: Distell Vineyards & Estates' CEO
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research