CANADA: Cott merger with Cadbury Schweppes mooted
A report in today's (13 April) Wall Street Journal claimed that the discussions were taking place, citing a source familiar with the talks. Trading in Cott shares have subsequently been suspended in Toronto today.
The paper also cited people familiar with the situation as saying that several private equity firms are considering a bid for Cadbury's brands, which include Dr. Pepper and 7 Up.
No-one was available for comment at Cott when contacted by just-drinks today.
Last month, UK-based Cadbury Schweppes said it will separate its Americas drinks operations from its confectionary business. The company said it was "evaluating the options for separation" and would shed further light on its plans in June.
The growth of still soft drinks, such as juices and functional waters, presents manufacturers with a problem, as they are more susceptible to spoilage than traditional carbonated drinks. However, thei...
PepsiCo has reported a lift in both operating profit and sales for its third quarter....
The Coca-Cola Co. has had its share coverage upped....
Cadbury Schweppes is to demerge its North American beverage business....
Coca Cola FEMSA and the Coca-Cola Co. have launched a tender public offering to buy 100% of the shares of the juice company Jugos del Valle....
The Coca-Cola Co. has invested US$2m in Recyclebank, a rewards programme that motivates people to recycle in the US....
The Coca-Cola Co. spent US$100,000 on lobbying the US government in the first half of this year, according to a recent filing....
Reed's has beefed up its management team with the appointment of a new CFO....
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory